Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Update: A New Beginning

 My philosophy for this blog has changed over the years. At first it was going to be interacting with news-stories, then it shifted to general essays, and this has spiraled into a variety of topics. My original vision was that this blog would be an ongoing stream of consciousness, and my changing views over the years. But for reasons I won't get completely into, I have decided to radically curate this blog (deleting hundreds of repetitive, outmoded, or confused essays). I thought of starting over, but I am going to stick with this template/url.

So, the new vision for the blog is primarily to review essays/books and interact with texts. Besides this new main thrust, I will also include occasional essays on the early modern period. This period is not only a special focus for me, but it is the hinge between the Middle Ages and the Modern world, setting up many problems we still struggle with. And finally, I'll throw in the occasional movie review.

Over the next few weeks, I will be reposting old essays/textual interactions. I will also update the tab so it will show the longer/constructive essays I write.

For those still reading, thanks for continuing on. May Christ bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment